Saturday, April 23, 2016

Good week!!

Last week my chemo got postponed so it was another week of shots and blood. But the good news is my Brother Erik and his wife Rebekah came to Utah because my amazing niece Mykell graduated from college. She is an amazing girl who started at BYU in 2010 then went on a mission and then got engaged while finishing college and now graduated!!



Tonight we came over to my parents house and celebrated my brothers birthday tomorrow. We had dinner and then cake it was fun.. now Mykell is learning how to play poker. Our family loves to play poker when we get together. We don't bet real money but we do have poker chips and most of the time use them to bet.




It is so much fun getting together with family!! We love having fun together!!

Tomorrow we will go to church and then hang out at Grandpa's house or Amy's new house. It should be fun!!

Monday is chemo so the sickness will come!! This last week I have been feeling okay but very tired all the time. I am getting more and more bruises and I don't know where they are coming from. I think I have a bladder infection but not sure. Good times dealing with cancer and all the side effects!!

This morning after getting my shot in Provo I decided to stop and get doughnuts at Krispy Kreme... the drive through was closed so I had to go in... when I got in the man in front of me told me to go ahead of him.. and then the man in front of me asked me about what I was fighting.. so I said at this time its bone cancer.. he said God bless me.. I asked him if he knew anyone who was fighting cancer.. he said yes and for the third time.. I said I was so sorry. He ordered his doughnuts and then said he wanted to pay for whatever I was getting.. I was so grateful and said thank you so much and how sweet he is!! I got my dozen glazed and headed home.. I cried on the way home because I was so grateful for all the generosity and love people have showed us. There has been so many times that strangers have said God bless me or how beautiful I am, how cute I am with my bald head, how strong I am, and other positive things. It is so heart warming!!

No comments: