Friday, February 19, 2016

Weekend before chemo!!

This is the weekend before I get chemo so as far as me having energy and feeling good.. this is as good as it gets!! I try and get as much stuff done before I am to sick and weak to do anything! I try and stock the fridge and clean stuff the kids miss (the walls, toilets, ect.! Sometimes I can get all of what I wanted to get done and other times I do to much and pay for it (getting sick, and worn out) It just depends on how my body decides to react to what I am doing. I also try and take breaks in between stuff and take naps when I need to. This is the life of this chemo patient!

Today started off slow... Gavin of course tried to stay home again!! LOL!! That man kills me!! I got some cleaning done in the kitchen, downstairs bathroom and front room!! I am so proud of myself!! LOL I did get the chicken salad done. I was trying to get it done on Tuesday but during the day I was busy and at night I felt terrible (probably because I did to much).

I am waiting for my Dad to come get me and take me to get my car. It is finally done!! I am going to try and find 2 curtain rods, one for Gavin's room and one to go in front of the sliding glass door in the kitchen. Hopefully I can find cheap but cute ones at Walmart, I also hope they have a beep beep cart available, so I can take my time looking for what I want. I know I am doing good if I can walk Walmart all by myself! It is not happening yet but hopefully I can one day stop chemo and get all my energy back!!

Since I am going out I put on makeup (yay me)!!


The neuropathy causes my feet to be numb but at the same time very sensitive, it hurts to wear hard shoes so I am suck wearing slippers most of the time and since my feet are also very numb I have to wear socks under my shoes so they stay on better!! I am glad winter is ending so I don't have to worry about the ground being wet (slippers are not good on the wet ground, they leak)!!


I am off to get my car!! Tomorrow I will make maple oat scones, kale and chorizo soup, rice and whatever else I can think might help out next week. Thanks to my AMAZING ward I will get dinners delivered on Monday, Wednesday and Friday next week for my kids so I don't have to worry about it on those days!!! What a blessing my ward and family have been through all of this.

My brother Eric is coming to visit this weekend!! I am excited to see and talk with him! I am glad I should actually feel okay to do it!

In a couple of weeks Me, Kyana and Gavin will hitch a ride with my brother Lee down to Las Vegas to get out of my sick world and hang out with Mandy and Adam!!!

I NEED to get out of here and I am sure my kids do to.. considering we have not gone anywhere for almost 2 years (so sad)!! We didn't get to go to Arizona (our vacation spot with the family) this summer since I started chemo in April so we have been home bound since the summer of 2014!!

No comments: