Friday, February 26, 2016

Low counts

On Monday I went in to chemo and first I talk to Dr, B and told her that my lower back has been hurting more often. I was guessing it is the MET on my lower spine that is causing the added pain. She decided to get an MRI to check it out. After talking to the doctor I went to sit in the main room with around 8 chairs mostly filled up with patients getting treatments. I waited for the nurse to access my port and draw blood for testing. They came back and said my white and red blood counts were to low to get chemo. In addition I would have to get a blood transfusion and nupegin shots every day for 1 week. So after my appointment I headed over to the Timp. hospital so they can type and cross my blood (which means match it to my blood), After waiting almost 45 min I was told to go to the outpatient area and they put me in a room. They kept going back and forth about starting my transfusion that day. Finally they decided just to match my blood and set up the appointment to get the transfusion on Tuesday.

The next I went and got my shot at the clinic and then headed over to the hospital to get the transfusion. I spent 3 hours in a room by myself playing on my tablet. My friend Julie stopped by to talk for a little while. Later about 6 nurses came and sang Happy Birthday to me and gave me a small yummy cake thing! It was so cute! I went home and planned to go out to dinner with the whole family that night. We ended up at Sizzler with me and my kids, grandpa and grandma, Lee and Mandy, Amy and her family. It was so fun to just sit around and talk. At the end of the meal the waiter brought me a huge brownie covered in ice cream, cones, chocolate sauce and whipped cream.

I actually had a break on Wednesday other then getting my shot. On Thursday I went to the Timp. hospital again for the MRI. My back and hips were hurting very badly during the MRI it was horrible. After the MRI I went to the dollar tree store and picked up a few things, and headed over to my friend Julie's house to visit for a while. After I went to Amy's house to visit with her for a bit and ask Vaughn why my tail light is still not working after I have replaced all the light bulbs... no luck! That night I woke up from a nap and was feeling super horrible. I had Kyana help me upstairs to bed and took a shower hoping it would help. I ended up with a fever and at the ER getting antibiotics and pain medication. I went home after and went to bed.

Today I have done nothing this morning. I have to go to the clinic soon to get my last shot for the week. Hopefully this weekend will go good and I can handle the chemo next week!!

Wish me luck!!

No comments: