Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Chemo week again!

I got chemo on Monday after being postponed due to low counts (white and red blood cell). My mom took me to my appointment on Monday which was nice to have the support. Like normal on chemo weeks first I speak to Dr. Breyer about how I am feeling, any concerns, test results if tests were done during since the last visit. So she informed me that the MRI on my lower back showed that the vertebrae is fully covered with the met and is very active but on the bright side it has not started to break down yet. She informed me that she will speak to Dr. Clark the radiation doctor in the clinic so see if there is a safe way to radiate my spine without effecting my bone marrow. I should have an appointment with him by the end of the week. I also asked for a handicap thing for my car and she agreed, and asked for more pain medication because my pain is just getting worse all over especially when I get chemo it makes me hurt all over.

I got my blood drawn like normal to see if my body can handle chemo this week. I received my anti nausea meds, a medication that slows down the METs from breaking down my bones, my first chemo bag and after I get hooked up on the 5FU pack that I carry for 46 hours. Today my friend Julie took me to chemo. I went got more anti nausea meds, and then they flush my port really well and give me the other chemo meds that I get. The problem is if the 5FU and the 2nd chemo med interact they are very toxic to my body and can denigrate my vein. I have to stop my pump so they can flush my port multiple times before when giving it to me and then after they give it to me. Since I was still very nauseas they gave me an additional long term anti nausea meds before I left. Thank you Julie for coming with me and showing me support you are the BEST and I am so glad I got the chance of meeting you.

Some of the fun side effects I am enjoying today is my face is very hot and flushed. What is left of my hair is falling out very fast again. My hands and feet are extra dry and peeling. I am hurting all over, including my feet are hot and very painful. I am very tied and worn out. I feel like I have the flu on top of it. I am very lactose intolerant during chemo so I have to be very careful on what I eat when I get hungry and I can only eat a little at a time or it makes me very sick.


Tomorrow morning we are going to go through the Provo City Center Temple open house with family including, Amy and family, Grandpa and Grandma. I am soooo excited to go, and this is the last week of the open house. Luckily I requested a wheelchair so I can make it through the tour without wanting to die. I cant walk far and since I am on chemo it just makes everything that much harder. Then I will go to the clinic and get fluid and my port of!! YAY!! I can take a shower tomorrow without worrying about my port!!.

No comments: