Sunday, March 6, 2016

End of another chemo week.

Ahhhh finally the end of another chemo week. This means that I should start feeling better everyday for the most part and get more strength back, be able to eat a little more normal, sleep better, not be in as much pain, be awake more during the day etc...
The temple open house was amazing the new Temple is so beautiful and they incorporated some of the old tabernacle which is soooo nice!!! They showed what was replicated and what is new. Everything in the temple is so beautiful even down to the hinges which are decorated so cute!! I am so excited to visit it after it is dedicated on March 20th. After the going to the temple with Grandpa and Grandma and all of Amy's family except Kaleb and Hillma (they had to work) I went to the clinic to get water and my pump off!! YAY I went home and slept for the rest of the morning until my Kids got home and then I tried to stay awake which didn't work very well. On Thursday my Mom took me to get my shot at 11 and then we were supposed to stay for the appointment with Dr. Clark the radiation man. The hospital didn't send over the pictures of my MRI yet so we were postponed until 2:30 so we had to come back. We waited for Gavin to get home from school and then headed over. He said that at first he figured my pain was from the T3 vertebra that has the MET but from my description of the pain he thinks it is more because of my right hip MET. He gave us all the basic information and risks for radiation including complications with my bowl but is very confident that he should be able to target the MET with minimal scatter radiation. He set up an appointment for Monday for mapping (scan's and tattoo's) and I will start radiation on Tuesday for a total of 10 rounds again. I am not excited for radiation but as long as it helps it should be worth it.

I ended up at the ER Thursday night because of pain. The doctor looked at me like I was just looking for a high which is not my normal reaction any other time, the doctors in the past have been so nice and understanding and helped as needed. This doctor gave me a shot and wrote me a prescription for 8 pills to get me through the night. I guess I just felt judged!

On Friday I went over to Julie's house to hang out and get out of my house for a little while in the day during school hours. It was fun to watch her cute family run around and play. She brought me home and I feel asleep soon after. Gavin was playing with friends and Kyana soon left to go to a sports activity at school. Later that night I got very depressed from feeling so sick and started to cry and had to have a long talk with myself about how it is all worth it and it will all work out in the end. It just gets hard when I have been on chemo straight for almost 1 year and have not had any good news since before that. Sometimes I just can handle it but I usually get over it after a good cry and some sleep.

On Saturday the kids did their chores Gavin again played with friends and Kyana went to another school sports activity and then later went to Julie's house to hang out with her friend Abby. Today the kids went to church then we went to my friend Lisa's house since I have not seen her in months I figured since my parents are out of town we might as well go out and see them. It gets me out of the house and I got to catch up with her and her crazy life. We got home and Gavin asked if we could have a family movie night (he asks for movie night almost every night). We watched Incredibles and the Rio it was fun to just hang out and laugh at movies we have not seen for a long time.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and a wonderful Sunday with the family like I did.


I just figured I would do a blast from the past.. around 1 year ago this is a picture I found on m tablet after my kids got bored!! LOL

No comments: