Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Postponed again!!

Yesterday my Mom picked me up so we could go to the clinic and get my test results and chemo. The results came back and I was told I have 2 tiny nodules on my lung one is 3mm and the other 4mm. The doctor does not know if maybe something fell off in my lung and I just have not coughed it up or if they are 2 new tumors so she will rescan me in a few weeks to see if there is any change. My blood work came back showing that my immune system is very low and so is my red blood count so chemo is postponed to next Monday and I get shots every day for 7 days and a blood transfusion today. FUN TIMES!!! NOT

After my appointment with Dr. Breyer I went to get my last round of radiation and talk to Dr. Clark. He asked about my pain and whished me luck with chemo and to come over to his side and say Hi anytime. I am so glad I am done with radiation!!

My appointment with the cardiologist was not for another 2 hours so my Mom took me to Costco so I could get some potato salad and sausages for the BBQ dinner we were going to have that night. We still had an hour before we had to be at the cardiologist so my Mom and I went to the dollar store. I ended up spending way more then I had anticipated because I got Easter stuff while I was there so it ended up being very helpful!!

We went to the cardiologist and was told that my insurance requires a 2 week pre-authorization before I could be seen and they had not sent it in when the appointment was made so the soonest they could see me was May 6. ANNOYING!!

My Mom took me to her house so I could pick up my car from my Uncle and Aunt. I drove home and took a nap while the kids did there chores and homework. We left the house again around 5:30 so we could to my parents house for the BBQ with my Aunt and Uncle and Amy and her family. It was fun to sit around and talk, eat and watch Gavin and Shaun roll down the hill in a big cardboard box.

We ended getting home around 8:30 so I sent Gavin up to take a shower and then both the kids went to bed. My hip hurt to much last night so I ended up taking some pain pills and sleeping on the couch. BOOOOO!!

Today I will go get my shot in a couple of hours and then go to the hospital for the transfusion. The transfusion is very boring because all I do is sit in a room by myself and watch T.V. and play on the Kindle or Tablet for around 3 hours. Luckily we don't have anything planned for tonight so I can just go home and clean and rest.


This is a picture from last year of the kids and Kyana's friend coloring Easter eggs.. they had so much fun!

No comments: